Mental Tsunami

I knew it was going to be a rough way home. Suddenly the boat started to roll side to side, my hands began turning blue and numb. Dark clouds surrounded the full moon, and most importantly, I was petrified while the powerful poofs of the wind pushed me. The quick blaze of lighting seemed like a ghostly glow. Rain poured heavily underneath the night sky, as the ocean waters splashed onto the main deck. Everything was just falling apart!

The loud lighting strikes disturbed my sleep. My only hope was to survive in the middle of this dreadful climate. I just sat there knowing that a burst of tears would come down my face. As soon as I looked up for hope, it didn’t help as the snow started to fall and the rain was getting heavier. The mist began to cover all my directions, leaving nothing but to stare at the tiny droplets of water hanging in the air. Now I realise that my life is on the line more than ever!

As time passed, it seemed like forever. My clothes were drenched and covered in deep white snow. There were not many things that would protect me. I was suffering from hunger, anger, and deep despair. Even worse, the seawater gave me a sickening smell which lead to a sharp pain in my stomach. I knew that time was my enemy at this point in time and I knew I didn’t have much left!

I could feel the boat descend into the depths of the mystic ocean. I quickly grabbed one or two objects that had a connection with me. First, the water rose to the main deck, and then BAM the wave tipped the boat over. I began to feel water rising up my throat, as I struggled to keep my head above water. My paranoia of deep water kicked in as I panicked and struggled against the slapping waves. I knew my life was coming to an end, and I experienced deja vu, while I reflected upon my whole life, looking for any wrong-doings that I could repent of right now to reach heaven.

Panicking was the only thing my brain could comprehend, I had no other option other than flaring my arms and legs wildly against the salty waves to stay alive. My body fought for every last bit of air to survive. But I just couldn’t. Soon after the cold water filled up my lungs and the crimson red blood pounded my eyes. I tried everything I could to stay alive!

My arms and feet grew heavier and my eyelids started to flutter overcome with deep slumber. The freezing cold ocean water engulfed me as I sunk down into a bottomless pit. As I breathed in the salty water, I started coughing and spluttering. I awoke with an epiphany that my paranoia had befuddled my mind as I fell asleep drifting in my saltwater pool at home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!