Halloween Horror

I sauntered through the streets trying to find a house that had its lights on. “I knew I shouldn't have gone trick or treating this late”, I whispered to myself. My shoulders were weakening by the second from my bag of lollies I ate. I looked at my watch and just then, it hit 2:27 am. I looked anxious as I stood in the cold and blistering wind. I was getting more fatigued by every step I took. I walked to the tail end of the street and one mansion with a pool filled with water in the front yard was decorated amazingly, as if it was a real gingerbread house. I suddenly realised that the front door was already open. I looked from outside…

There were all these lights outside, but inside, it was the whole opposite. It was as pitch black as a black panther’s fur. I stuck my head in to get a glimpse of the house but as soon as I did I was pulled inside with much power. I woke up, completely disorientated. I was tied. I looked around the unlit room.

I quickly shook the rope off me as I was scrawny enough to do so. Suddenly, I heard sudden footsteps. I quickly put the rope on me as a middle aged man with large muscles walked towards me. He made sure I was still tied up. The creepy man left the empty mansion but locked every single door. I slid out of the rope once again and started roaming around the house.

I climbed up the stairs to the upper level. All of a sudden, I heard a car park in the driveway. I ran down the stairs and tied myself up once again. “You will be staying here for the rest of your life”, the man exclaimed. Those words hit me like a bullet. I have to find a way to escape in the following few hours, I thought to myself.

As soon as the man turned back and was a couple of metres in distance away from me, I took my opportunity. I threw the rope to the ground and I knew exactly where I was going: the stairs. I skipped every second step as the man suddenly realised I was trying to escape. As soon as I reached the top, I found this square outline on the ceiling. I pulled it down in a hurry. It was a ladder that led to the attic. I clambered to the top as I found the only window in the whole mansion. I punched it as hard as I could. The man had just reached the ladder. I saw the pool full of water below me. I jumped… I landed in the pool, as I hurried to get out of there. I ran like I never did before. It was now 6:44am. I leapt onto my bed. I will never go trick or treating again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!