Follow The Light

Today’s been a stressful day. Since it’s New Year’s Eve we are planning to have a feast, so that shopping list is going to be packed! I go to the shops with my older brother to get all the stuff we need; we first start with the veggies, but we then worked ourselves up to the exciting stuff. MEAT! Throughout our time in the grocery store, my brother and I weren’t getting along the best, usually he’s like that, but he’s still a caring brother. After an awkward silence returning home, the sun started to come down for the last time this year, as a different light appears on the other side.
I started to see my brother leaving the house with his jacket and I ask him where he was going. He says he is going for a walk and I wanted to make up with him, so I decided to join him, it seems he gets annoyed with me asking to come, but he lets me anyway. I thought that us having quality time together would do us some good, but it couldn’t be further from the truth. He was still in the same grumpy mood, but do you get that feeling when you’re in an argument, and you always want the last word, that feeling is what makes arguments so long.
Until he had enough, he started to ignore me, and he said that we should head back home, we only just started the walk, so obviously I kept walking he seemed even more annoyed with this decision, so he told me he’s going home. At first, I thought he was joking and was coming back. 15 minutes past, and it was dark and that’s when I knew he wasn’t coming back. I couldn’t see anything, so I decided to walk in a random direction, little did I know that was the exact opposite way. While this was happening, my brother realised what big of mistake he made and went back. He thought I would be waiting there, but obviously I wasn’t there since I left a few minutes ago. He then later started the journey home, when he got home, he told Mum and Dad what had happened, and he got in big trouble.
They then started to search for me, and then my saviour came. It was like bombs in the air, except more colourful and maybe louder? BOOM! It was midnight. But then it hit me since my family lived on the edge of the city if I follow the fireworks, it should lead me to my house! Luckily, I was right, I saw my family’s faces light up almost as bright as the fireworks, maybe even brighter! Finally, I came back home, and we celebrated the New Year with our New Year’s feast.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!