131 Words To Home

My mouthed quenched with thirst. It's been days since I've seen the sun. Days since I've watched the oceans waves collapse onto each other. Days since I was home. Days since the bomb was dropped onto my village. Stumbling over my feet like a drunken sailor. I collapse. My body so close to the ground as though gravity is pushing me deep into the Earth's core. That's when it happens. The harsh gleam of the sun blinding me. The soft aroma of salt water mingling with the faint smell of the tropical flowers. I rise. Plodding through my weakness I walk towards the beams of sunshine beckoning me into their warmth. Barely standing I smile. Even though I know I have little time left I'm home. And that's all that matters.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!