Smuggler

Bullets flew through the air , embedding themselves into the dark and musty cave walls . I swerved and ducked and slowly advanced towards the cave's entrance . I turned another corner and light started streaming into my face but before I could take another step to freedom something cold and metallic pressed against my back in the same shape as a gun.

The school holidays are mostly boring for me . You basically just lounge around at home looking for an occasional pigeon to irritate but this summer was different . We got to go on a free holiday to the Eden beach resort with pools and spas and , well ,everything ! But , not like it sounds, it was far from relaxing especially since I had uncovered a secret cave and a smuggling ring !

''Hold it right there '' A voice boomed out of the shadows . I turned around to face a hairy man with an intimidating structure. In his hand he held a well polished machine gun , probably the same thing he held to my back . I froze , thoughts racing through my head as fast as a formula 1 race car . What would my parents say ? Should I make a compromise with him ?

My mouth opened and shut and then in finally stuttered ''wwwhat ddddo yyyou wwwant''. '' I want to know why your here and what you know '' the man answered back in his deep , gravely voice . I started to run then thought better of it . I turned around and took a deep breath in . I hope I knew what I was about to do.

'' Iii thought you were ppppirates so I followed you tttto this cave because I lllike pppirates. '' I fake stuttered . ''So you're just a little weasel of a boy '' the smuggler said , grimacing '' . He shooed me out of the cave and for two reasons . One because he had believed my lie and two because I was out of the cave so I'd have reception to call 000.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!