The Crocodile

Excellence Award in the 'Summertime Fun ONLINE' competition

The creature sat, still as a statue not daring to move. Its scales shimmered in the afternoon light and its teeth, its long jagged teeth painted with the blood of the fallen glistened against the radiant sun. I too was lying face down in the mud not daring to further alert my target. Carefully camouflaged in the long emerald green grass I waited patiently for the crocodile or more specifically ‘the killer of men’; yet still it sat poised in a dreadfully deadly pose waiting for the first shot to be fired. If the crocodile wanted to be killed I’d happily follow his wishes. Slowly taking out the Sceptre of Kamikaze I focused the beam of fluorescent light atop the crocodiles head. Within moments the crocodile fell from his position slowly descending towards the floor. I shook my head in disgust. The most powerful beast in the known universe taken down by a single shot? That couldn’t be true. I stepped towards the motionless body. The glint in its eye told me everything. That it was still alive and that I wouldn’t be.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!