A Magic Box

“Look, ”Exclaimed Susan, pointing at a dusty box in the huge attic, where she and her friend, Lily, entered to search for Easter eggs in a treasure hunt. The attic was at the end of their path in the basement filled with cobwebs, abandoned toys and dumped furniture. In the corner, a mysterious box was sitting comfortably, leaning on the wall . “I wonder what’s inside?” Pondered Lilly, “are there any treasures from ancient times? Let’s take a look. ” With all their might they heaved the lid open.

A tiny kingdom popped out of the box and magically grew bigger and bigger. They then found themselves in a completely, unrecognisable world. A majestic fairy appeared among them. The girls looked at each other, confused. He was dressed magnificently. Upon his head sat a glorious crown covered with scrumptious Easter eggs and lively bunnies. He wore a pearly, purple mantle. On his back, was a pair of egg shaped wings. “Who are you? ” Questioned the Easter king, looking at the girls suspiciously.

 “W-w-we are very sorry,”stammered Lilly, noticing that they were now surrounded by green hillsides and sparkling clear lakes. The Easter King’s face softened. He could easily tell that the they were nervous, so he replied warmly, “welcome my friends to Easter Land.” In disbelief, the girls looked around them cautiously. Tiny fairies fluttered merrily around them, leaving golden glitter trailing behind . “It’s beautiful!” Gasped Lilly as she gently stroked the pink petal of a nice-smelling, exotic flower.
 
In the blink of an eye, the beautiful Easter Queen came into view, “what are you doing, dearest husband?” She asked. The Queen looked at the girls eagerly with eyes shining like glistening diamonds. She invited them to tea at their palace. It was the most splendid afternoon the girls had ever had. They drank sweet, honey tea from cups and ate scrumptious jam-filled tarts until their stomachs were full to their heart's content. “Thanks for having us,” thanked the satisfied girls as they sipped their last drops of tea. “l think we really should be going home now,” exclaimed Lilly, feeling pitiful that they needed to leave. The King and Queen understood before escorting them to where they had first appeared. “Do come and visit us again,”the Queen exclaimed before waving her wondrous wand and POOF! The girls appeared back in the dusty attic.
 
 “Girls! Teatime,” called their mother downstairs.
 
“l am afraid we’re not hungry,” chirped Lilly. They had enjoyed visiting Easter land and were definitely going to keep this exciting situation a secret. They couldn’t wait to go on the next adventure.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!