How Flowers Started To Bloom

In the days of ancient times, flowers did not bloom. Everyone knew it didn’t and everyone knew why. People knew it was just because of the looks of the flowers. All flowers looked very ‘elegant’ because they did not bloom.


A flower couldn't bloom in those days. So much, that bloomed flowers were only mentioned in stories. I know you would think everyone would sense that something from the world was absent, but people just continued their own lives as if someone had dropped some teal lint on a teal jumper. I know you readers, especially the ones who love flowers, must feel devastated at this story, but the story gets better.

In those faraway days, a little girl called Layla completed the impossible. She made a flower bloom.
She did this by making a flower shape with her hand and then putting a flower, in the middle,
It was her mother’s birthday, so, by doing this she was pretending that the flower had bloomed. She looked at it and thought ‘ How is Mummy going to like this if it’s not real?’. Layla closed her eyes and wished that the flower will bloom. She knew it wouldn’t bloom, but to her surprise, the flower bloomed right in front of her eyes. She bolted to speed as she ran to give her mother her birthday present. I am sure you will be able to guess that it was the best gift ever, and it was. As mother and daughter burst into tears of joy, hugs and kisses, Layla’s father came home after taking his morning run.



‘ What’s going on in here?’ Layla’s father asked without even saying ‘Happy Birthday’ to Mummy.
‘ Look, Daddy, I made a flower bloom’ Layla said to Daddy ( her father). ‘Layla, can you please give me and mummy some space, and perhaps’ Daddy paused. He started to whisper in her ear ‘ make a birthday card for Mummy?’ ‘ Okay, Daddy’ Layla whispered in response. As Layla went away, Mummy and Daddy started talking to each other. ‘ What are we going to do?’ wondered Daddy. ‘ I think we should homeschool her and keep your birthday gift a secret,’ he added. And they did, but somehow it spread out to everyone.


One day, the great King Poseidon heard that a flower had bloomed. He was furious, he despised bloomed flowers. He immediately ordered Layla to be brought straight to him. Layla came into the castle wearing her best dress, with a bloomed flower, tucked inside her pocket as well as a flower that had not bloomed which she made sure it is sticking out. As the servants lead Layla to the king’s throne, which was where he was sitting, she inhaled and exhaled a deep breath. ‘ Show me how you bloom flowers’ said the king, eager for an answer. Layla sighed in helplessness and showed the king. King Poseidon was enraged. And so, Layla was imprisoned.

To Be Continued…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!