Zularp

It was raining, raining and hailing in the middle of summer. I was walking home from school; what happened was something I would have never thought up in a million years. A bolt of thunder lashed right in front of me as if it were supposed to hit me, and a portal appeared in the mist. I stood there drenched in freezing cold water, two blocks away from my house. I tried to run but my legs were stiff as if they were shocked themselves. All of sudden a black figure appeared in the portal. He slowly walked towards me. As his yellow beady eyes beamed at me, without warning he grabbed me by my shirt and threw me into the portal.

I appeared in a futuristic, weird looking place. It was a house, well you could call it a house but it was more a mansion or castle. An elf-featured man walked towards me and told me they were expecting me? He didn’t speak much and talked very briefly. He led me to a superior looking man, He wore a purple crown which looked more like a weird hat and his throne had more than 34 different colours, some I had never seen before. “Hello my name is Zular, I am king of the Zularpians,” he said in a slow voice. “We seek your help to save us. You see, our people have caught a highly contagious disease which kills anyone who catches it in 2-5 hours. We have researched this disease and found the only cure for it is leaves. Do you have these on your planet?”
I was still shocked about what was happening and trying to take it all in, “Uh…uh um, yes, we have leaves on our planet.”
“Are these leaves easy to obtain?”
“Yes.” I was about to ask him a million questions but without warning I appeared in my bedroom.

I just realised I was shaking I felt my skin it was very cold, I guess I was too shocked to notice the temperature, I looked outside the window, it was sunny? I swear it was raining a minute ago. I wondered how I could collect the leaves or if he needed a specific type of leaf. I ran outside and found a large sack and collected all the leaves, I went to the kitchen and took a match. Maybe I could show them and they would wonder how it worked.

Again without warning I was teleported back in front of Zular. “Muhahahaha! Silly fool! I merely needed the leaves for my new weapon.” One of the guards pulled the sack from me and gave it to the king. “With these leaves I shall take over the every planet in the universe starting with Earth! All I have to do is grind these leaves up and add them to my secret weapon and I shall reign.

Without thinking I grabbed the match from my pockets and lit it.

They all stared at it in confusion. “Put that weapon down or you shall feel my wrath!”

I waved the match around in front of them of them and they moved back in fear. I don’t think they knew what it was because they seemed so frightened of it. I grabbed the teleportation control the guard was holding and quickly threw the match on the floor. All of a sudden the floor burst into flame. It caught alight so easily. Some of the guards were trying to put the fire out by jumping on it but they ended up catching on fire themselves. I quickly pushed the giant button on the control and was zapped back to Earth. I looked at the sky and saw a huge explosion. How could a single match bring down planet?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!