Feeling sorry for jasmine




India woke to Lillie’s screams.
She lay in bed waiting for her mother to get up and tend to Lillie, but she didn’t.
India reluctantly got up, tiptoed to Lillie’s bedroom so not to wake her mother and stepfather and picked up her screaming baby sister, who looked particularly comic with her face all red and tears running down her face.
She rocked Lillie until she stopped crying.
India found she couldn’t get to sleep straight away so she thought of her life.
I am a regular year 8 girl with a mother and without my real father. He (who) died in a plane crash when I was 2 years old.
My mother, a teacher, remarried to an actor who has been in a couple of movies so now he’s ‘famous’, but he is strict and bossy and really needs to get out and do more.
I have got two good friends Jasmine and Holly. Jasmine went to a boarding school these holidays and Holly is still at my school (thank goodness).

India woke up next morning and walked downstairs and to breakfast to find her mother feeding Lillie some purple goo.
“Good morning darling, there’s some mail for you.” Her mother said and pointed to the bench.
India ran to the bench hand grabbed the letter that sat on it. She ripped open the envelope and checked the return address.
Jasmine Brown
Hills Girls College.
Melbourne.
3000.

The letter read:
Dear India,
Life here is horrible,
The girls here are all posh girls who think that they’re princesses.
Plus the teachers are all really fancy.
I really miss you and Holly, how is Coco?
Are you looking after her Ok?
I’ll see you in the holidays.
Love you lots.
Jasmine

Ps
Talk to me on msn tonight at 7!

India ate her breakfast and quickly got dressed and texted Holly;
Met u at the corna at 830 gotta talk.





India got dressed in a flash and ran to the corner to meet Holly.
“I got a letter from Jasmine this morning “India gasped, out of breath.
“I got one too, she sounds so sad” said Holly.
“We have to help her “The two girls said in unison.

Later that night on Msn India started talking to Jasmine.

Hi India how is Coco.
Oh she’s great I’ve been riding her heaps.
That’s good, how is life up there.
Pretty good but it’s kinda weird without you.
I’m really lonely here too but it’s only 3 weeks till our holidays.
Is your term really that short...?
Yeah it’s really good.
I really gotta go now.
Me too, the dinner bell’s just gone.
Ok I’ll see you in 3 weeks.
Bye.
Bye.

Later that night ……
“Hi “.
“Hello, what should we do about Jazz?”
“I don’t know.”
In the end all the girls did was talk to Jasmine on msn every night, have the occasional phone call and send the occasional letter but the girls spent the whol

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!