News report

Hi my name is Laura, I am a news reporter. I make all the articles in the newspaper. I like to interview people especially famous athletes. Today I am interviewing Shane Warne. He is a famous cricket player.

Well here I am. I’m at Shane Warnes house. I guess he’s probably sleeping with all that bowling he’s been doing in the Test match against England. I better not wake him up (laugh).

I knocked on the door and Shane Warne opened it. We both said “Hello” at the same time. We went inside. The first question I asked was, “How do you bowl so well?” Shane replied, “The only thing is PRACTISE.” I wrote down all the things Shane said because you know I’m a news reporter. I wrote down all the tips. Then it was time to go. I said, “ Good luck with the Test match against England” and “Bye”.

I went back to my office. I typed out all the stuff he told me and I put all of it in the newspaper the next day. Then it was time for my next interview. I was interviewing Tatiana Grigorieva she is a famous Pole Vaulter and she is Australian like me.

I got to Tatiana’s house a bit early so I waited 5 minutes then I rang the doorbell. No one answered, then I heard a yell from the backyard, “I’m in the pool!” So I went to the backyard. I put my swimmers on. I asked Tatiana, “Is it easy to run and jump with a pole?” Tatiana replied, “Yes but you have to be kind of strong, love to run and have a healthy diet”. I asked Tatiana 10 questions and after we had a chat we had a cup of tea then I said “Good Bye”.

I went back to my house because it was 7 o’clock at night so the office would be locked and I would have made the siren go off. I did all of the work at home and got to bed at 9pm at night, so I got a pretty good sleep.

Well I think I did OK with the interviews and can’t wait till my next interview. Well I’m going to go or else I might get fired……



Written by Courtney Jefferys
Year Four
St Mary’s Primary School,
Merredin, WA, 6415

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!