We are the tigers!


“It’s the final boys. Go out there and win the big game,” my basketball coach yelled.
We were playing against the Sharks, the best team and were head to head in the finals match.
“It will be a hard game,” My coach yelled again, “but we can do it. Now let’s get out there and win it for all our Tigers fans.”

The first half had begun. The ball was thrown up in the air and I slammed the ball into one of the Shark’s players. He dribbled down the court and he shot but I ran in front of him and blocked the shot. I had the ball and passed it to Sam who dribbled it and passed it on to Andrew who shot scoring our first goal.

Some time later, we were in front by 25 points then the siren went. We ran to the bench and gulped at our drink bottles thirstily and ran back onto the court. I was ready for the second half to begin.

Sam jumped and slammed the ball to me. I dribbled the ball passed the opposition and threw to Andrew but he missed. I ran and took control of the ball again and took a shot. I scored. There were only five minutes left of the game. We played hard and fast passing the ball to each other like professionals, the ball moving up and down the court. With the final seconds ticking speedily on the clock, I grabbed the ball in desperation, dribbled it passed the opposition; I guess I could have passed it on but I wasn’t taking any risks. I pushed passed the players and took an almighty leap shooting the ball into the ring just as the siren sounded.

We had won our first grand final by 30 points. We couldn’t believe it! After years of the Sharks winning the trophy it was their turn to hand it over to us, the Tigers. I was so happy that we’d won the match. Our coach was grinning like a Cheshire cat and I just knew a celebratory party was going to be thrown at the club in our honour.

This was truly a moment I’ll treasure forever.

By Vildan Alihodzic

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!