Oh my god!!

“Lea, your dinners ready” my mum shouted up the stairs for what seemed the hundredth time. “COMING” I shouted angrily as I was marching down the stairs with shrugged shoulders and a huge frown.
We were at the dinner table and my mum just had to make the food I hat! Pickles, olives, tomatoes, capsicum, and lettuce with potatoes.
“YUK” I said
“Well you’re eating it all Lea,” she said in frustration.

I was struggling to put down the disgusting meal, when the phone rang. Mum hurried over and answered it with her typical phone voice. It was my lucky day, it was for me and it saved me from eating the last few mouthfuls of my meal from hell.
“Carly, Carly” said Chelsea in an exciting voice. Suddenly my heart stopped beating, I couldn’t wait to hear what she was going to say
“iwonthegoldenticket”
“What, what did you say
“I…won…the…golden…ticket she repeated slowly but excitedly. All of the a sudden there was a silence on the phone, and Chelsea kept repeating “HELLO…HELLO…HELLO,” in a very confused voice and then hung up. My mum looked over to find me lying on the floor. “LEA”, my mum said in a very frightened voice. “What happened?” “OW, I DON’T KNOW” I said, I don’t remember a thing.”
“My mum laughed and gave me a big sloppy kiss”
“YUK” I said to my self-making sure she didn’t hear it.
The phone rang again “ hello” I said “ “you think that was exciting well guess what I am inviting you to come with me” Chelsea gushed.”

The great day arrived and Chelsea and I were off to the chocolate factory. We rushed to the door like there was no tomorrow. The door was dark chocolate with caramel handles. Chelsea and I looked at each other with wide
eyes “yum”

Finally we entered and there standing in the door way was Willy Wonka. Chelsea looked so interested in him but I was just interested in the pink raspberry chocolate map he was standing on. “This is the most exciting and the most specialist day of my life,” I whispered
“Well come in” he said in a deep voice. We started to walk to him but when he saw us take one step he turned around and opened a huge dark wooden door “HUH, my eyes grew wider as I looked straight into the door, my mouth struck open in disbelief. Inside the wooden door was a chocolate river and lollies as trees and heaps more. Chelsea and I ran for our lives, we ran so fast that we couldn’t stop “OH NO” I said as we were calling for help as we struggled to swim in the dark chocolate river.

Willy Wonka tried to help us when all of a sudden there was a noise DING, DING when the noise stopped I woke up to my alarm clock ringing. “LEA, CHELSEAS ON THE PHONE” “I wondered if my dream would come true” I mumbled.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!