Say goodnight

Hugging the bed sheets closer. Quick breathing, with her heart pounding against her chest. Her eyes rapidly looking in every direction. Scared that those nightmares, those voices, images are after her. Again, one too many times.
The cold creeps up her spine. She shivers in the darkness, shaking with trepidation and crying from fear. She rocks herself back and forth, murmuring prayers under her breath. Wishing those ghastly horrors away just for one night. Her visions become a blur as she begins to hear things.
“…Remember meeeee…..” the voice drones inside her head, it echoes through to the back of her mind, where her darkest thoughts are kept.
”…I hope I see you soooooon……” Her heart’s pace quickens, skipping beats. Her breathing more irregular, the look of dread in her shiny green eyes. She sinks lower in her bed sheets, hoping to block out the daunting voice. Her soft crying turns into loud uncontrollable sobs. She is oblivious of how she feels and what she knows.
Thinking the best way out is to avoid and forget…
“I’ll be waiting…patiently…just remember, I love you….”
Suddenly, everything falls into place. Her hands stop shaking. Her short quick breaths have now, turned into slow, calm ones.
Her body releases the once held tension and relaxes. She now knows. Knows what has always held her back.
“I love you too…” she whispered quietly.
Her eyes gradually gave up. Slowly drifted into a forever wanted soothing sleep. In the arms of one she loves.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!