I can't believe it happened to me

One day, my dad rang this guy and when he hung up I ask him “who was that?” He said “it’s a guy with a corvette.” My dad goes to my mum and says “This guy is selling his corvette, and about a week ago, an 18yr old guy asked if he could buy it but the owner said no because it is too powerful for an 18year old. So the 18yr old started swearing.” My mum says “no, its too much money,” and my dad says “so what, its only $40,000 which is a bargain because it was $45,000, and then he asked me if I was a Christian and I said ‘yes I am.’” So my family and I went to Bella Vista because my dad was picking up the corvette. When we got there, they were rich because at the front there was a gate with barb wire and an intercom that you talk into for them to let you in. They lived on a big block of land with a mansion and the corvette was in their garage. Beside the corvette, there was a chopper and a gym. We got out of the car and then knocked at the front door. The guy answered the door and I couldn’t believe who I was looking at, it was Michael Shoemarker the famous race car driver. He told us to come inside. My sister Rochelle said “Wow, that T.V. is huge” because they had a 133cm screen but I just walked off to talk to his 11 year old son who does karate. The son and I went into his bedroom, sometimes he sleeps with his father because his uncle uses his bed. Anyway, in the bedroom the guy has this thing like a boxing person. What it is, it shows you which part of the body you are hitting because it has half the body on this barrel of water. Then we played the PS2 game Tekken 3 with two players. But of course, he was beating me because he does karate. Then we went to get a drink. Afterwards, I went outside and the owner of the Corvette let me sit in it. When I got out of the Corvette, I went with the 11year old onto the trampoline and played crack the egg. ½ an hour later, we had to go home and I went home in the Corvette with my dad. When I got home I couldn’t believe it happened to me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!