Camp poem

Sleep came so easily as I heard the sound of the sea waves gently swishing about, the wind whistling through the gap of the open window.

As dawn breaks the sounds of Mutton birds are ever present.
Sun is gradually breaking through the remaining darkness of a moonless night.

I hear a movement, people rising, smells of toast and coffee, reminders of home, a comforting thought. But the thoughts of fun ahead brings me back to the present.

The walk to the beach is cool and refreshing.
All the time conversation and new friendships are forming. The sea appears so inviting. I shudder entering the cool water.

Sand gritty under my feet, salt on my hands and in my mouth. As the waves crash over my head, I realise all the beauty of the sea and the power that it holds within will never leave me.

We leave the retreat knowing our educational home is waiting for us to return.
By Paige Olejniczak

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!