Old to young...

Everyone knows that when you are just born you are the youngest that you will ever be. Well that’s what the encyclopedia says anyway. In the old times apparently from the years 1923 to 1945 people were born young and grew old. I mean how good that would be. Of course now you are born old and grow young which seems so unfair, well from my point of view anyway. But doctors are trying to find a cure to get us back to normal again. I mean imagine if the world turned back in time and people were born young and grew old again. That would be so cool...

One day my friends and I were hobbling down the hall with our walking sticks. You know it’s not that fun being old, you have to eat healthy otherwise your arteries will get clogged up. But when I am young I can eat anything I want to.

1 HOUR LATER…

Now my friends and I are eating lunch. Today I have a salad and freshly squeezed juice that mum said I have to drink to keep me healthy. My parents don’t have to worry about so much healthiness because they are only 23 years old. See how good it is to become young? You can do all sorts. Example: I can’t go water skiing because it’s to extreme (as my doctor says) and they can. I also can’t go scuba diving either and they can too! It gets so frustrating! Miss who is on duty says I better get to my next lesson otherwise I’ll be late. CRACK! Oh no my frail bones.





Today I got home from school and on the front of the newspaper in big bold writing it has got the sentence I have been waiting for ages. Doctors have found a cure. Because I was so anxious to find out what the cure was for I read the article aloud to my family.

Yesterday in the late afternoon Dr. Richard Reed found a cure for this some what weird transformation that affected the world from 1945 until now. Dr. Reed has confirmed that this cure is perfect for changing our lives back to normal. He has spoken to the queen about it and she is forcing the world to change. The reinforcements will start from today and will be sold from super markets worldwide. All you have to do is swallow a tablet and your body will reform.

My parents weren’t so happy when I had finished reading because they were having a fantastic time being young. But for me, I was so cheerful.

1 YEAR LATER…

I am so happy to be young again. I can do all the things I wanted to, like being a normal kid and eating what I want. I’m having a much better life now. And guess what? I can walk and run properly so I don’t have a walking stick anymore!

The End.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!