I want to be a singer

I woke to the sound of my curtains being pulled open. My brother was shouting, “Come on, Sparkie, this is your big day. You are going to be a singer and you will maybe sing with Michael Jackson!!” “I highly doubt it.”

***


“Hello every body!! I’m here for the meeting.” “Um, like, what meeting?” “The meeting for the lead singer in the band.” “You got the wrong room, sister. This room is for, like, popular people only. And do you look popular? No, so leave.” “OK, I’ll go then. Bye.” “O my gosh, who does she think she is?” I walked to the next room. “I’m here…” “Yes we know why you are here. You are here for the singing meeting.” “How did you know?” “Because we heard you all the way down the hall singing: I want to be a singer do da do da I want to be a singer do da do da day dum, do da do da day do da do da day, I want to be a singer do da do da day dum” “Oh, well about that…” “Never mind that, just sit down and listen.” “Now, we have to discuss where we are going to hold our auditions.” “Hey, I know where we can hold our auditions. At my house, in the basement.” “The basement? Won’t it be really jam-packed and dusty and alive with creepy-crawlies?” “Yes, that’s why you guys are going to help me clean it out,” “Us? Why us?” “Because it is being hold in my basement so you have to help me clean it out.” “OK, we will see you tomorrow.”


***


The next day is Sunday and it is audition day! I am so excited!! I put on some make-up. Then I put on some jewellery. Then I put on some perfume and went down to the basement. The basement was all cleaned and I asked the ‘judges’ if I could go last. “Sure you can.” In a few minutes we opened the doors and in came all the singers. “OK, just sit over there and be quiet.” “Now first up is Anna Smith.” She sung and she was terrible. The next person was a boy called Mathew Mask. He sung and he sucked. The line got smaller and smaller by the hour. It took forever to get to my turn. When they called my name I was half asleep. I sung and the ‘judges’ loved it! “You are the singer who will be singing for our band”

***
The next thing you know Michael Jackson and Jennifer Lopez were ringing me up and asking if I wanted to be a back-up singer. “Yes, I would love to!” I sung at the MTV video awards and at some live concerts. Now when I go outside there are people everywhere asking for my autograph. You never know. Anyone could become a singer even if you are just an ordinary kid.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!