Off to the olympics

Its final, Mary King is off to the Olympics in the Equestrian event riding Pharr Lap. The big day has finally arrived; she’s doing so well. She is coming first after her Dressage event and showjumping. It’s all up to Mary and Pharr Lap to win the cross-country! There at the starting line 5,4,3,2,1 GO! And they’re off! Approaching the first of 33 jumps and they clear it with flying colours. “WOW!” they’re beating the record! Approaching the last jump, but wait Pharr Lap has fallen! “Oh no!” Mary’s off! Looks like a few broken bones! But she’s back on and racing to the finish line. “ Can she pull it off? Can they beat the record? YES! They’ve done it Australia has won the gold medal! Mary gets off and collapses on the ground! The ambulance arrives and Mary’s on her way to the hospital. It doesn’t sound too good! The scores are up she’s beaten the world record! What a wonderful day for Mary and Pharr Lap! (Well apart from her injuries and the trip to the hospital!) Oh well at least they won the gold medal and bet the record! What a fantastic week it’s been! Her family would be so proud of them!

THE END!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!