I can't believe it happened to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Friday afternoon, I came home after a really bad day at school when I heard a man’s voice
through the open window. I slowly opened the door when there, standing in front of me was James Hird! My all time favourite footy player was having a great conversation with my mum!
Was I dreaming? NO! I wasn’t!
“Hello!!” he said excitedly. “What are you doing here Hirdy?!” I asked excitedly.
“I’ve come to choose you for our first female on our team!” he replied.
OH MY GOSH! I’m going to be the first female on my favourite football players team!!! “ “Tomorrow is the day of the game!” ‘And we’re going down!” Herd cried.
“Whom are you playing against?” I asked.
“The Saints!”
“Cool! ‘I always wanted to play against the Saints!”…….
[The Next Day!]It was a beautiful Saturday morning and I was in footy boots, a pair of shorts and a t- shirt. All in black and red!
HONK HONK!!!!
Herdy’s waiting outside!
See ya mum!
“Hi Alex!!” “I’m ready, are you?” said Herdy. We drove to the MCG in Herdy’s Limo and it was time to play FOOTY!!!!!!!
When we were in the clubroom, I met all of my fav footy players!!!
Matthew Lloyd, Adam McPhee, Scott Lucas.
We all ran outside and I especially notice that when I came out last everyone was screaming and cheering for me!!!!! Anyway, Herdy kicked the 1st 4 goals. Then Lloydy…….. then McPhee!! YAY!!! It’s now the 2nd quarter and we are in the lead!!!…..
It’s the third quarter but the now the Saints are in the lead and Matthew Lloyd and Nick Dalsanto are having a punch-on!!! OH NO !! Lloydy got benched!!…..
Now it’s close to the end of the third quarter and were still not in the lead!.. HOLD ON! Herdys just kicked a goal!! YIPPEE!!!… now we’re in the lead!!… it’s the fourth quarter and now were really going good!!….
There’s five minutes to go and Saint Kilda scored a goal. The ball keeps being passed around and we are ranking up possessions!! I mark the ball in the goal square just as the siren goes!!! I kick it and … Score!!!! We won by one goal!! I can’t believe this happened to me!!!!!!!!!!!!! We sang the club song and Herdy’s chaffeur drove me home.
I can’t wait until next week!!!!!!!!!!!!


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!