Night fox

There was a loud bang. Then silence. I tried to make out the stillness but my ears had to adjust. It was only a matter of time before the next round of explosions began. I waited in silence. Silence. It was starting to drive me insane, then just as I had expected, bang. Another, Then another, then another. It was confusing me. I can’t take it any more. My legs were starting to get a bit numb. I have to move. Its not a ‘have to’, it’s a ‘need to’. But if I move my cover will be blown. I can’t take it any more, just let them come just let them take me, but then I’ll give up my dignity, my pride for my world. Why is this happening to me? What is it about my life that things always go wrong? It’s a shame, its cold blooded shame. Bang. Another. What am I saying I can hold on for a bit longer, I can do this. “That’s right keep telling yourself this, keep telling yourself it’s all up to you”
What. What was that? I know I didn’t say it. Am I hearing voices? Am I hearing things? Is it someone else?
“No you heard me correctly. It’s all you’ve got right? Just give your self in that’s always the way it is. You humans always give up so easily.”
Stop. Stop this madness. Stop the pain. I can’t take this. I am in control.
“NO YOUR NOT! You have never been in control. You humans are so single minded as well never thinking of the other things around you. Nothing can save you, you are trapped”
“NO!”
What have I done. The pain disappeared. The voice is gone. The noise’s get louder. What have I done. It’s all over now. They have me. I didn’t know how I got myself into this position.
“Hfdhfsdfhjhsdfsdhdvdjfgvf”
What is that? I look down and see water moving faster beneath my legs. Well at least what I think is water. It’s thick water. I start to panic, I try to run but I am paralysed.
I think that this is it. I give up. I surrender myself to god and fall. I fall down into the warm thick water that surrounds my body and face. Then I hear the voice again,
“Pathetic human, you could have lived. You have no use for me.”
I try to say no but the thick water swallows my mouth and forces it self down into me.
Everything goes black and I hurt for a second. My whole body stings. I hear screaming and then…
Blackness.
Coldness.
Calmness.
I’m not dead. Well at least I don’t think so. I look out; I open my eyes and find myself on my own bed.
WHAT! I throw up. And release myself. The spaces in my mind where my memory used to be have gone. I’m in a dark room. It’s not a dream. It’s fate.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!