Tears Refuse To Fall

Lonely figure, grieving alone, sorrowful, crying softly, tears welling up inside.
Golden streams of sun weave through the dark green tears, which refuse to fall.
Body slumps, forward, misery trickling from its hollow heart.
Wind whispering softly, murmurs, talks. The figure stays still, remains silent, words hanging in the air, as if unsure of whether to reply.
Relenting, the wind abandons its attempt to converse, like so many others have done before.
Sighing, the figure weeps in self pity, unknowingly draining its heart,
Slowly, slowly.
Until the wooden cavity is left, life no longer pumping within.
Only now, do the tears fall.
One by one, fluttering violently down, creating ripples, echoing the sorrow that had caused them.
The sad soul had left the world, never to return, but its tears cling, to what it has always longed for.
Dear willow tree, you have finally cried. Your leaves have fallen,
And so has your misery.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!