Ballet and a band, whats the plan?


Hello there readers! Just something you might want to know before you read this story. There is 2 people telling the story. But you'll know who's who!Quess who this is. You didn’t introduce me right so I will. This is the awsome... If you thought April you are right. And this is... You spelt it wrong its awesome not awsome. Correct it is Cynthia. Well raise your hand if you care because I don’t, lets just get on with the story!


INTRODUCTION

Hello, my name is Cynthia. I love ballet and English and handwriting. My hobbies are ballet and playing the piano. Err, you started this book of so, how should I put it… well, it was just pathetic. I’ll start it off thank you Cynthia. Hey there dudes or dudets! My name is April, I am in a band called “Downright dirty” and we are the best band ever! No one has even heard you yet! Excuse me I’m still going you’ll have a go soon enough, Cynthia. What kind of name is Cynthia anyway! Hey! I want to tell it now! Fine. But don’t go on about all the details, no one wants to hear them!

Chapter 1- Boring school days

“Wake up Cynthia!” “And April turn off that music and come downstairs!” my mum yells from downstairs, so I get up out of my beautiful pink bed I got at Christmas with ballerinas and… DETAILS! This is my story, remember? When did you say that again?! I put on my school dress and badges and brushed my hair and put it into pigtails. Then I put my ballerina things in my ballerina bag and got a pair of nice and clean socks then quietly walked down the stairs into the kitchen where my mum was making our lunches. I sat down and ate my breakfast. When I had finished I brushed my teeth and got my lunchbox and put that in my bag. Suddenly, I looked at the time 8:39 am. School started at 9:00 am. All of a sudden I heard my mum yell “April, get out of bed and get your brekkie!” I heard my mum calling out to me so I put on my mascara and lipstick and found my bag and my guitar out of my crummy, tight shelf and slowly drifted downstairs. My mum had my lunch so I grabbed it dropped it in my bag and took some money from my mum’s purse to buy my breakfast and then headed for the bus to school.

Chapter 2- The start of a boring school day

“Hey Rika, Matt, Carlo and Star!” I said to my mates who were also in my band. Rika was the singer, Matt played the keyboard, Carlo was the backup singer and Star was the drummer and I played the electric guitar. Hey, have you guys got that pirouette turn yet for Swan Lake? When Star and I heard that we started jumping around on our tiptoes on the bus. We cracked up! “Sit down now” said the grumpy old bus driver. Well I don’t really need to say anything about school it was PATHETIC!

Chapter 3- A Strange thing happens

I was just starting to practice my jumps with my friend, Alice when my sister turned her music up so loud that that a bomb could have exploded and you wouldn’t have noticed, honestly! “Turn that down April!” I tried to say over the noise. So I told my friend to stay there and then we could practise in peace and quietly. Hurriedly, I ran to April’s room and knocked on the door “TURN OFF THAT MUSIC!” I said, “WHY?” she replied but didn’t open the door. So I went to mum for help but she was asleep, how could she sleep in this noise! April really gets on my nerves, I wish she wasn’t my sister we’re two complete opposites!

Chapter 4- The Changing of bodies

I woke up to hear my mums voice calling to me and my sister so I got up and went to get my bag, it was my sisters, wait… I was in my sister’s room so I went into my room and saw my sister, no it was me. I went and looked in the mirror, and this is what I saw. Well its simple, I saw my sister, I was in her body. Oh no, Oh no, my ballet test was today, I can’t go looking like this! I woke my sister up, she was in for a big shock. How can I get her to do my ballet test, what has happened?

Chapter 5- A case of an emergency

Oh my gosh! I can’t believe it I am in Cynthia’s body. She asked me if I could do her stupid ballet test, NO WAY! But the thing that worries me most is that the band and I were going to sing a couple of songs to the whole school and I was doing a solo, a very long one in fact and I cant because I’m in Cynthia’s body. How are we going to do it I am thinking that thought when my mum says Cynthia don’t forget your ballet things! So I get them from upstairs and try to think of a plan before its too late and I think I’ve got one!

Chapter 6- The cunning plan

“What!” I say I have just heard April’s plan in the bus everyone stares at us. “Keep it down” replies April angrily. Here is this mastermind plan. I have to pretend to play the guitar while she actually plays it backstage, and I have to do actions and all that! But what about the ballet test? I ask her. “I’ve thought of a plan for me, now you think of one for yourself” she said smartly to me. “ I don’t know one” I answered hotly. “Well, that’s not my problem is it!” she said.

Chapter 7- Another, very cunning plan

I’ve got it! I told Cynthia. “Got what?” asked Cynthia. A plan to help you! “Tell me quickly” replied Cynthia. Okay, I draw red dots on me, well you so it looks like I have chicken pox and I will pretend to be sick so I go to the nurse. She’ll probably want to know what temperature I am so when she’s not looking I put it near the heater and I’ll be very hot so, I’ll have to go home. Which means you’ll have the test on the next day! I’m a genius I said. “Are you sure it will be that simple, April” “Of course, just relax Cynthia.”

Chapter 8- Ballet, Bands and Plans

Its 9:30 am and I see April (in my body) with red dots on her head and she’s pretending to feel so sick and the teacher actually believes her! So she gets a note from the teacher and then she goes off to the sick bay. Then she’s gone. I hope she remembers the plan and also remembers to come here at 2:00 pm when her band is playing! Then I hear Star saying “ So, how’s your solo going” “what solo” I say then remember “Ah, great!” Now its 1:30 pm and Star, Carlo, Rika, Matt and I have to go to get set up for the big performance in assembly. I am so nervous, what if she doesn’t show up, maybe she’s doing it on purpose and she won’t come!


Chapter 9- The big performance

It’s 1:53 pm and the performance is very soon so I get a lift from Mum even though she thinks I’m crazy to come back when I’m so sick but in the end I get to go. Now its 1:59 pm they’ll be starting any minute now. Mum pulls up and I run so fast its very blurry. But I get there when the principal is introducing the band so I quietly walk up to the back of the stage and then he opens the curtains, “this is the band Dowlight Drifty!” Um, it’s downright dirty, Mr. Spectacles said Carlo. “Oh, my mistake” embarrassedly said Mr. Spectacles. I started the piece off but when Cynthia knew that she wouldn’t even start so I gave her a note from the guitar and she winked at me. In the end it was great, I played while she pretended to and everyone clapped at the end too!

Chapter 10- The changing back of bodies

This is great I said we could do this forever I said to Cynthia. “No we cant, you cant just pretend to be sick forever, we’ll have to change sometime soon. You’re right I replied. Oh I’m so lucky to have a sister like you said Cynthia. Me too I said and with that we changed back bodies. But then we heard mum and dad shouting I shouldn’t of married you. Oh, I hate you! Then suddenly we heard screams. “I’m in your body and you’re in mine” said dad. “How can I do my speech?” angrily said dad. “How can I teach my dancing classes?” said mum. So Cynthia and I went off laughing arm in arm to watch the TV.

So everyone lived happily, ever after.
Except for Mum and Dad!



THE END!!!!!!!!



To be continued…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!