Santa's little helper

Once there was a little puppy with his mum in a basket on a warm summer morning.
He was very playful so he wanted to explore out in the garden. “Kiki, want to race me to the garden! Whispered Santa. (We’ll call him Santa even though his name is Santa’s Little Helper)
“But we’re not allowed to” Kiki whispered back.
“Who cares, mum’s sleeping anyway” But they were wrong, mum had sent Peach to keep an eye on them because they’re always fighting.

Three years later Santa was four & Kiki was 3 1/2 so their owner was thinking about selling them for dog racing.
That Wednesday Santa & Kiki were put into a big wooden box to be sold for a large prise. At 12 o’clock lots of people came to buy them. The men were fat and the kids were fat but the ladies were thin. “I don’t want to get sold” barked Kiki

That evening a little girl came to see the dogs “Ook” said the girl to her father “I ont dat one” “She’s pointing at me!” screamed Kiki
“Don’t worry” said Santa “It’s okay”

Days passed and no-one bought Santa. He felt lonely without Kiki but the next week a young man came to see if he could afford to buy him. “Hey, hey, you’re all alone little fella” said the man to Santa.

When Santa was brought to his new home “No, that’s not right” said Santa “that pillow should be there” so he picked up the pillow and put it von the mat “That’s better he said “No, no, no, no, NO!” Yelled the man You need to get out side don’t you, I’ll bring you to your first racing class after we have eaten.”

That night he went to racing class and realised that he was faster then all the other dogs, after everyone-else had left ,the trainer said “Wool and chop sticks, that’s some cool running” as he gave Santa’s owner a certificate “It’s a certificate so you can go racing and win money!”
“Wicked” Barked Santa

That Thursday Santa was forced into a little kennel looking thing (that’s what he thought it was any) and thought he saw a dog that looked familiar. “Hey who are you!” He demanded
“Shut up freak” she demanded back “I’m Kiki and who ever you are I’m not interested.”
“But you sound and look like…”BANG! And they were off, that was all the dogs but Santa
“Oops” he barked, as he tried to catch up.
After fifteen minutes he was coming second. Kiki was in the lead. The race was almost over but he managed to run right in front of Kiki and ran through the finish line and collapsed on the ground.


When he woke up he said. “Where am I”
“You’re at the vet” she said “I’m your sister”
“Kiki” Yelled Santa as he fell onto the ground “I’m afraid you can’t race any more though” she giggled.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!