Volcano panic

Volcano Panic!

It’s Coming!
It was a lovely day when BANG!
What ever it was it scared the living day lights out of me! I looked out the window and all I could see and hear was people running and screaming. I saw red and started running too. It was boiling hot lava, and I mean boiling hot. I could feel the heat already. I yelled as loud as I could to mum. We both got out of the house before the rushing river of lava swallowed our house. (Luckly) The lava was oozing and bursting out the volcano. It was getting closer. To close!

Oh No!
I was running so fast I tripped! OWWW!!!! I was in mighty trouble now. It was getting closer and closer. I had to get up and keep running. I finally caught up to my mum and held her hand tight. I couldn’t stop crying. I was really sad for all the lovely people that had already died in the lava, but there was no time to be sad. I had to go really fast! It was hard to get to the water with everyone pushing. Finally we ran and jumped into the freezing cold water.

The Get Away!
I was in the water swimming as hard as I could. The lava was still chasing us. We were getting further and further out to sea. It was getting really hard. Plus it really didn’t help with the tide. It was high tide so it was pulling us back. It was kinda gross with everyone swimming in there undies. It was just to heavy to swim in our clothes on. After swimming for what felt like hours, I could feel something under my feet. It was soft and grainy. What was it? I looked down. It was sand (finally). I figured out if water was getting shallower, and I could stand up, there must be land. 10 minutes later everyone was on land. We were just lying there. We had reached a small island. We were pooped! I looked back and could see the steam and smoke in the distance. I couldn’t believe I had swum so far.

Must Find Food!
I was thinking to myself wouldn’t it be great to have tropical fruit, a nice tree house but what I was thinking was completely different to what we had. We could find absolutely no food. We had to eat dirt and grubs. We mad a half colourful statue so people could come and save us. TOOT! TOOT! Something went off! Please be a boat, Please. No it wasn’t a boat it was a cruise ship! HURRAY! Thank-you Jesus thank-you. The ship came over and saved us. By time we were all on the ship it was over loaded. On the way back to the main land, I was lying down by the heated pool in my new bikini, on my new deck chair that I was lazing on, that I had bought on the ships shopping deck. This is the life. I don’t really want to think about home, I just want to sit back and relax right here!

The End!

By Kelsey Freeman!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!