Vampire coin

I saw something on the side of the path on Friday, it was an old coin with a face on it. I picked it up and it stuck to my hand like hot glue.

I screamed Because it burned,
"Ahh! my hand"

i saw someone coming just as i fell to my knee's.
"Charli, whats wrong?" asked jack.
"My hand burns" i yelled, showing him.
"Hold on" Jack said grabbing the coin and throwing it in the grass.
"Thanks" i said looking at the burn mark on my hand.

"Come on lets go and you can tell me what happend" Jack said pushing me across the road.
"Wait the coin" i said pulling out a tissue and grabbing it. I put the coin in my pocket.

We walked back to my place in silence, then we went up to my room and sat down.

"I think it's ancient" i exclaimed.
"How do you know that?" Jack asked.
"Look at the picture, look at the teeth" i replied.
"So what, there just long and pionty" Jack said.
"Its a vampire coin" i said angrily.
"Get some rest Charli and i'll see you at school tommorow" Jack replied walking out of the room and down the road.

"Mum" i yelled walking into the kitchen.
"Yeah, honey" replied mum.
"Can you tell me the story about this coin?" i asked showing her the coin.
"Oh,well it goes like this, 50 years ago a girl found a coin and she told everyone it was cursed. It burned into her like fire. One day she was found dead and all her blood gone. So maybe you should get rid of that" replied mum.

i ran outside to the forrest and dug a big hole and placed the coin inside it. i stood up because i felt someone watching me.
I grabbed my mobile and rang Jack.

"Hello" Jack said.
"Jack" i said.
"Charli are you ok?" Jack asked.
"Jack i'm went to the far end of the forrest to burry the coin and now someone is watching me and i'm so scared" i pleaded.
"Hang on i'll be right there" Jack said.

But before i could reply someone grabbed my mobile and pushed me hard to the ground.
"Ahh!" i cryed.
"Where is the coin?" asked 1 of 4 men.
"Over there" i replied.
"I found it" said 1 of the men.
"She's all yours Mat" said the 1 who found it.
The man bent over and sunk his teeth in to me.
"Ahh!" i cryed. I felt so weak and next thing i know i was alone.

"Charli oh god" Jack said.
"Jack" i said as i slippd in to a life time of darkness.
I was dead because of a silly coin.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!