The Magic Ring (And The Flasher)

1st in the 'Imagine That! 1999' competition

Boomm, boomm… footsteps… boomm, boomm. They were getting louder which means only one thing; they're getting closer

Three days ago I was riding my bike when I saw a bright light - which would have been perfectly alright if it hadn't been green. Then out of the green light came a green punk kid who had the lot, Mohawk, earrings, sunnies, goatie and a green flashy thing.

It was the green flashy thing that was the problem. But before I had time to do anything a space ship sucked me up like a vacuum cleaner.

The door swung open on the ship and in stepped the punk kid and two bodyguards that looked like a thing I saw from a horror movie once. I opened my mouth to yell but nothing came out. I reached to my mouth to pull out the teddy that was stuffed in there but there was none. It was then I noticed the kid was about my age. ‘Stand up’, he said. Man, he sure has a deep voice for a 11 year old, I thought I better obey. By the look on his bodyguards’ faces anyone could tell he was serious.

‘I bought you here for a special purpose’, he said.
‘Great!’ I thought.
‘The ancient Dogbone told us that you are the only one who can free us from the evil reign of King Pipsqueak.’
‘The ancient Dogbone?’ I wanted to laugh, but one look at the kid’s face made me think twice. ‘Dogbone is our wisest Counselor. The Pooper Scooper guided us to you.’

I was about to crack up with laughter. He waved the flashy thing at me. I guessed this was the Pooper Scooper. I coughed instead.

‘So why can't you use the flashy thing?’ I asked.
‘You have got the power of the flash.’
‘What do you mean?’ I questioned. ‘I don't have any power, I'm just a kid.’
‘Let me explain. The evil magician, Snorter, hid the power ring in your world. You know the ring you found in the Coco-pops? That fits on the Pooper Scooper and increases the energy field. With its power we can destroy Pipsqueak.’
‘Wait! If I give you the ring, I'll lose my ring and won't get anything for it.’ He gave me a look that would sink the Titanic.
‘We will give you a video game that will make you a multi-millionaire.’
DEAL.

I handed over the ring. He twisted it on the end of the flasher. I noticed he handles it real careful. He gives me a video game named Pipsqueak's ring. I slipped it in my pocket. A door opened in the wall, and I can see my house. I was about to go through, when I turn around.
‘By the way what's your name?’ I ask.
‘Strawberry short cake’ He didn't smile. Neither did I.

Tomorrow I think I'll see the manager of Sony. But I might change the name.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!