Jake's Victory

Thirteen year old Jake was the best touch football player in his class. In fact he was the best player in his school. Every Wednesday and Friday afternoon, Jake and his team (The Oakhill Bulls) would practice, then on Sundays the whole team would play the opposition.

One day the coach said to the whole team “Next week we will be playing the best touch football team in Australia”. Jake was worried and nervous about versing the best touch football team in Australia. He wondered if they’d play tougher than Jake and his team could not beat them.

For the whole week, Jake was worried. Each day he was more worried and nervous. Jake didn’t know whether to not go to the game or take a chance and try his best.

The days went fast and Jake still didn’t think he was ready. Then, it was time to go out in the field. There were glaring lights everywhere. Half the crowed were cheering Oakhill and the other half, Australia. The whistle had been blown and the match started.

A few hours later there were only 40 seconds left till the end of the game. The Oakhill Bulls were loosing by two points. Just then, someone passed Jake the ball. As Jake thought about what was going on, he decided to go for the goal. He ran as fast as he could, dodging the other players. Then in a wink of an eye, Jake scored four points for his team. The crowed went wild for Jake and the Oakhill Bulls. The team ran to Jake and picked him up on their shoulders. The Oakhill Bulls became the best touch football team in Australia.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!