The Fancy Dress Party

Once upon a time there lived two girls called Chellsey and Kiara, they were best friends, until one day they had a fight. They said to each other that they weren't friends any more. “I can’t believe it” “you copied me” they said to each other all day at school.
Their school is having a fancy-dress party on Friday, and the girls were so excited until they showed each other what they were wearing. They had picked out the same out-fit. The next day at School they would not talk to each other. They had to do a speech together in assembly, it didn't go that well. At Science they had to buddy-up together, and at show-and-tell they showed the same thing. It was terrible.
Only two days till the fancy-dress party. Then Kiara had an idea, “We could go as twins,” “that’s a great idea” said Chellsy.
Then the bell rang, “It’s time to come in” said Mrs Johnston. In class Mrs Johnston got out a big poster, it was about the fancy-dress-party. “Now boys you are not allowed to put on a blood suite and knives and guns and things like that” she said. “Girls you are allowed to put on flower and princess costumes and things like that.” But she did not say what they can’t put on.
Then the bell rang again, “Time to go home class” Mrs Johnston said, on the way out Mrs Johnston asked the two girls what they were wearing. “We are going to be twins” said Kiara. “Hmmm” said Mrs Johnston looking at the poster. “Ahhh, here we are no Twins because…” “but we…” “NO BUTS! IF YOU CAN’T FIND SOMETHING ELSE BY TOMORROW YOU TWO WILL BE IN TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
So the two girls went home with empty brains. They went to sleep with empty brains and they woke up
With empty brains they even went to school with empty brains.
When they saw Mrs Johnston they were terrified. Their footsteps got closer and closer to Mrs Johnston. “Hello girls, so have you found a costume yet?” said Mrs Johnston. “N n n no N n n not y y y yet M M M Mrs J J J Johnston” said the girls. “Well you two have only got till the end of the day you know” said Mrs Johnston. “W w w we k k k know” said the girls.
“I know” said Kiara “You go as a boy and I’ll go as a girl.” “That sucks” said Chellsey “You look more like a boy than me so I should go as the girl,” “no way you go as the boy” “no you” “no you besides your hair is shorter than mine” “well then I’ll give in and I will go and buy something else” said Kiara. And that’s exactly what happened. Kiara went and bought a new outfit.
That night they both couldn’t sleep until two thirty in the morning. The next day they were both very tired. They fell asleep in class so Mrs Johnston sent them both home to get some rest. When the girls woke up from there rest it was time for the fancy-dress party so they both got ready and went to the fancy-dress party. Chellsey went as Hillary Duff and Kiara went as Britney Spears. They had a great time and they were friends.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!