A Dangerous Journey

Leah swallowed; her breath seemed to echo through the room.
From one corner of the room, Leah could here the faint sound of someone breathing. Of course, this did nothing to improve Leah’s unsteady nerves, as she edged her way into the dark, unfamiliar room.
Though the importance of her mission was great, Leah had spent hours convincing herself it was the right thing to do. But then Leah remembered the day she first met them, literally tripping over them when she saw them and she was determined to get them out of there.
Cautiously tiptoeing her way through the maze that was the darkened room, Leah made her way to them. She frantically tried to calm her loud breath that seemed loud enough to cause a stampede.
It was only seconds now, until she had them firmly in her grasp. Silently she bent, picking them up and holding them tightly, as if she would never let them go again. Leah turned and made her way for the door.
Suddenly, Leah let out a little yelp as the light switch flicked on, and Leah came face to face with the beast herself.
“Get. Out.” The thing growled angrily, staring at Leah as if trying to kill her with its eyes. Despite her initial determination, she let her friends fall from her hand as she sprinted for the door. Once safely inside her own room, Leah leaned against her own door, breathing heavily.
Never again would she enter her sister’s room, no matter how fashionable her favourite shoes were.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!