Heartless

Cutthroat’s long black leather jacket was drenched with blood. Of course his name wasn’t really cutthroat. That’s just one of the many names the local newspapers have dubbed him. He was running as fast as he could, he could still feel the warmth of the blood on his hands. He was running thought a dark alley. The police sirens could be heard from two blocks over. Helicopters were circling above the city searching for him.

He ran into a large dirty abandoned building. He bolted up the stairs to the fourth floor. He carefully peered out of a window to see if he could see the police. They had surrounded him! He could hear one yelling “COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP!” into the megaphone .Cutthroat knew there was no way out. But if he was going down he was going to take down a hell of a lot of cops with him. Reaching in to his pocket with his blood stained hands getting out two small black guns. Then suddenly jumping out the window firing a number of bullets at unsuspecting officers. They didn’t even see it coming they went down quicker then he did.

Cutthroat got up shakily from a dumpster which a few minutes he had earlier jumped in to, only to have been surrounded by the reinforcement officers only arriving just that minute. When they retrieved him from the dumpster they forcefully handcuffed him and took him into custody.


A few days later he went to his hearing after pleading not guilty he knew his day in court was now upon him. His life is in the hands of the twelve normal citizens that would not or could not understand his brutal acts toward other human beings. He knows he has no chance of walking away. As this thought ended the lawyer for the prosecution stood up to tell the judge that the guns used in the death of the police officers have been mislaid, and as there are no eye witnesses they had no further action to take other then to drop all charges

Leaving the court a free man he saw the family’s of the victims staring at him in disbelief as he walked away with an evil grin on his face.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!