Water, Waves, Sand, Sun And Freedom.

I reached behind me struggling to pull the ziper up on my old torn wet suit but finally succeed. I grabbed the nose of my fibre glass board and where I was going determination would lead. I started to run up and across the hot sand dunes and could already feel the heat on my shoulders, but I wouldn't stop because when I'm out there on those waves I feel like I'm in and apart of a sea of brave soilders. I see the enemies, the big waves and suddenly I feel like I haven't felt in days. When I see the water I definately do not stop but go faster and harder. When I reach where I can not stand I jump on my board lay flat and paddle with my arms. I paddle deeper and my eyes sting from the waves hitting my face and my muscles are tired from pulling my-self back on my board when the waves knock me off. I am finaly in position. I turn my body and board towards the shore then watch and listen. I look over my shoulder and see a big wave building up fast and this one looks like it's going to last, right up to the shore. I paddle hard, jump up with confidence and lean forward. I have done it!! I have won todays battle I have surfed the meaniest, roughest and toughest wave there was that day on that beach and as I surfed that wave there was nothing in my head absolutely nothing except the thought of water, waves, sand, sun and freedom.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!