Misjudged

The world is unequal in many ways; we watch the wealthy walk through the days.

And as this passes and carries on, we don’t stop to think what we have become.

People are starving and have no home, yet the elite will continue to demand and moan.

Poverty works, it’s never unemployed, it’s just a cause, a journey with no applaud.

Poverty is present wherever we look, so let us not hide and close the book.

Despite the tears from promises and pain, as they count their losses and discover no gain.

Governments argue and fight with war, but still don’t listen to their people’s uproar.

How many times have we heard someone say? If they had some money they would give it away.

But little do they know that it’s so hard to find, a wealthy man himself with a satisfied mind.

The rich and the poor will always be there, with the sick and dying lying everywhere.

Remembering with the rain and wind, the groups wail, sigh and love.

The woe almost beyond description is wiped as they’re brought above.

Why is it that we don’t join together to be as one and create an equal world, just like the sun?

We have to level the scales and balance the need, enough for everyone and no time for greed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!