Memories

The Long and Lonely Beach

As I walk along the desolate beach the wind stirs overhead.
The gust whips sand around my ankles stinging every pore.

As the wind blows, the sand flies and the sun sets, the breeze carries along images of my grandmother.
Her face is enlightened by the setting sun, thoughts and memories play deep within the clouds.

Tears well up behind my eyes. I blink then all my emotions of the past few days are let loose.
I’m sobbing now but I don’t care. My grandmother is gone. She is never coming back.

I sit in the cool sand, my back collapses under my weight. I fall into the sand still sobbing.
I can’t breathe, I need my grandmother. She is my life. And now because she’s gone, my life will go as well.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!