A Defeat

Last year on the seventh of September 2007 we (Metro Stars) bet Campbelltown City Soccer Club for the first time in four years. Everyone was told to get to Campbelltown City Soccer Club early because it was a big game. Every body was very excited and was hoping for a great game.

Firstly we all got warmed up by taking shots at the goal keeper. Then we played a game we made up called piggy in the middle. After that the reefer told us that we had ten minutes till kick of. So we all took our jackets of and we ready for kick of. So the first eleven went on the soccer pitch, suddenly the whistle blew and Campbelltown had kick of then the reefer blew his whistle again and we started, after ten minutes Campbelltown scored a goal. Then another seven minutes went past and they scored again. By this time our chances of winning were going lower and lower. The coach screamed out from the side line saying “There is ten minutes left boys” so we were all trying not to let then to score then the whistle blew and it was the end of the first half.

When we came into the locker rooms the coach had a serious talk about the game what we did wrong and what we did right and what we did wrong. After five minutes the reefer came into the locker room and said u have got two minutes left till the start of the second half. Then we all went out and we had kick of for the second half. Then five minutes went passed and we scored. We were trying our hardest at this moment to score an equalizer. Soon again we had an opportunity but it hit the cross bar but then it rebounded and we scored we were so happy now the defence was tight and the forwards were strong. There was 5 minutes left and it was 2-2 three minutes left and we scored everybody was so happy. Then soon enough the whistle blew.

Then we all went into the middle and shook each others hands and we sang zigga zagga. Then the coach had a talk to us and he was so happy.




By Nathan Niutta

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!