I Remember When...

I remember when I went to the top of the Empire State Building. We had come from Orlando, where we went to Disneyworld. Disneyworld was really, really fun!! My favourite place was Magic Kingdom and my favourite ride was Kali River Rapids.
Once we had left Orlando we went to New York. The main thing I was excited about out of all the things in New York was the Empire State Building! I had seen it in a picture and thought it was huge, but when I saw it in real life, it looked even bigger!
When we got there we met some friends and we went up together.
It took ages to get to the top. We had to take stairs and lifts. When we took the second lift my ears started to pop! Then finally we were at the top.
At first when I looked down from the top I was terrified. We were so high up!! Then when I looked down again it wasn’t as scary. There was a safety fence so you couldn’t fall off.
We went there at night so the view was fantastic. There were lights everywhere! You could see the Chrysler Building from the top, it looked really small. When we were up there we saw a person dressed up as King Kong. We had our photo taken with him. Luckily he wasn’t as tall as King Kong though.
We were up there for about 20 minutes and then we decided to come down. Coming down didn’t hurt my ears as much but they still popped. Once we were at the bottom we went to the gift shop. I got a mini Empire State Building with a King Kong hanging on to it. That was one of the best days of my life!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!