Jake Wants To Get A Sponsor.

One day Jake Bro was riding at the local bike track in Wonthaggi. He was slowly getting bored so he said to himself, “I am going to get a sponsor.”

He set off on a long, long, long journey and 2 minutes later he was at the HPB (high performance bikes) store. He swaggers in with confidence and says, “What would it take for me to get sponsored?” and the HPB store owner replied, “Do a No foot Can Can and get a picture and a video of it and I will sponsor you.” Jake replied with a shaky okay and went back to the bike track.

He was scared but confident and thought he had a good chance of doing this jump. He started speeding up, hit the jump, put his feet out to the side and, “Bang”, he didn’t get his feet back in fast enough.

The ambulance came and took him to hospital. The doctor told him that he had broken his collarbone and his ankle. Sadly he went home and went to bed with a cast on his foot.

Eight weeks later he was back at the track with everybody watching him while he attempted the No foot Can Can jump again. He sailed through it and when he landed, he screamed, “Yes, I did it, I finally did it, I made it.” Coming through the crowd was the HPB store owner, who came forward and shook Jake’s hand and said, “Congratulations, you are now sponsored by HPB.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!