The Fisherman

The Fisherman

Once upon a time there was a fisherman who loved to fish with his daughter, who made the nets. But one day he hit the jackpot of stinky fish and it was enough to make his daughter sick. She asked him if they could go home.

“No! We are so close to another jackpot, so be quiet and help me.”

Over night the girl had rolled into the water and floated away. The next day when the man woke up, he was so worried about the fish that he didn’t notice his daughter was gone until he yelled for her.

“Hurry up! Make the nets. I’m running out of time. Hurry up!”

But no-one replied. So he went looking for her. After awhile he started fishing again hoping she would turn up. He pulled up the nets and there the daughter was enjoying the ride. So the fisherman took her home and gave her some hot cocoa and told her in the future that they would go home whenever she wanted.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!