Television And Children

Television and Children

An issue constantly raised at parent-teacher interviews is that children watch too much television. The arguments that are mostly focused on are that they do not get enough exercise, their learning is interrupted and that they become unsociable because of watching too much television. I believe that children do watch too much television and that there are serious consequences.

Firstly, watching too much television can cause health problems. Children do not get enough exercise, they eat too much and they do not get enough fresh air. One of the short term consequences of the above behaviours is obesity and the long term consequences may be heart problems and diseases.

Another reason to consider saying that children watch too much television is that, usually, children who watch too much television have their learning interrupted. They spend a late night viewing, they are tired the next day, they have no energy and no homework is completed. This leads to their learning being interrupted.

Finally, children spend too much time by themselves and not enough with their family and friends. They do not learn how to relate with others, which makes them unsociable.

In my opinion, children do watch too much television. Television is a great form of entertainment that everyone enjoys, especially children; when it is viewed excessively, it can be harmful.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!