Tears Of A Broken Song

Tears of a broken Song
By Alicia Lennane


Hope;
Hope lasts through the pain and hardships,
Hope sees us through the day and guides us through the night,
Hope is my angel……….

As the light slowly faded, only one voice was left to be heard. A voice so beautiful that even beggars felt that they had wings to fly with. That voice belonged to a small blind girl; Chloe.

Chloe has exquisite features, tiny hands and feet, a frame that looked fragile, yet was as sturdy as a rock, hair as dark and wild as a raven, and rare sliver eyes. Her eyes were as rare as the stars in the heavens, as unreadable as the sea; but no sight came from them, not even a sparkle form the moon.

I am Chloe and this is my story.

Of all the dreams in the world, I have only one, which is to see again. Though; I am luckier than most. They say that a poor man with hope can never be miserable, I don’t know if that’s true, but I know that a poor blind girl with hope can never fail. When I was a little girl on my grandmothers’ knee, she told me that “as long as the stars shine bright in the heavens, and as long as the wind whispers to you in the breeze, hope will be there to guide the way”; I have hope, and I will never fail. I am making the journey to the ancient temple of my ancestors to discover my destiny.

In ancient times, this journey was made once every 10th moon; and as the sun set, you could hear the song of the heavens, and if you looked towards the sky, you would see that the stars were dancing. My ancestors made this journey, and now it is my turn.
As the sun sets tonight my journey begins…

As my ancestors made this journey, they sang one of the many songs of hope and freedom which guides us;

Free like the bird,
Singing at the heavens
Shining like a star
On the moon lit night
Like the wings of a turtle dove
I soar though thought the sky
Like the seasons, and shifting tides
My hope comes to rise

This song brings hope and safety to the travelers who sing it. It was passed down from generation to generation, and sung with the honor and the freedom of my people that is buried in the voice of the singer.

If you acknowledge the laws of nature, life seems very simple. Without the knowledge of money and lust, which I hear about around the evening lit fires, you can live without any unnatural fears. I fear people. Animals follow the laws of nature, but humans follow their own laws, and bring destruction and death with them. As I make my journey I will encounter other people, of whom I am afraid of. But fear is a sacrifice that I must make in order to succeed. This is my destiny…





Words = 499.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!