War

I often dreamed of death.
The way you would lie your head down for the last and slowly go cold, knowing that soon you would be nothing more than a rotting corpse. The way your hopes and dreams for the future would be shattered in a single bound, and you would know its the end.

But war is different.
You have no warmth for your body to contain; You have no hopes and dreams to be shattered;You have nothing but the will to survive.
But is that even possible?
Can you ever really survive war?

I often ask myself this for i am in the middle of one. I like to look back on my past,in the middle of the bullets and bloodshed, and I wonder;

Will the person I once was, be me once more? Or will she be nothing more than a faint, distant memory?

Will I ever move on, or will i be cursed with these horrifying memories forever?

In war, is there such thing as surviving?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!