Vesuvius In Pompeii

My brother Zach and I live in Pompeii. We also Have a dog. For some time the city had been rebuilding from the last earthquake that hit the place. We were up in the mountains playing around with my ball when suddenly we were tossed on our backs by a small tremor. We struggled to get back up but failed.

When the tremor was over I found that my ball had been swallowed by a fissure. We sprinted down the hill to our house everyone was okay but there was severe damage. We had slaves and mum ordered the slaves to fix up the cracks in the walls while she fixed up the kitchen of course. My brother and I went to help my dad with the Chariot.

Dad took us into town after we finished with the Chariot, then we went to pray in the temple. When we got into town the ground started to shake the rocks started to crumble. The people in the temple ran out, the building started to collapse. The tremor caused more damage than the last but life still went on. Every time a tremor came mum ordered the slaves to fix up the house.

One day two of the three slaves ran away. Mum told us they were cowards. When I was heading to my room something fell on me, I felt it, thinking it was dust but it was ash. I thought it was just the cieling but I was wrong...The next day My family and the slave went into town. I thought to myself another boring trip to town but little did I know for some it would be their last....

We watched the birds, but instead of flying around fighting they were flying away at a rapid pace. I also noticed that our dog had been yelping the last few days, when BOOM! I jumped frightened by the explosion. I turned around to find Vesuvius erupting! But it was extinct. Obviously not. Mum grabbed me and Zach and ran to the harbour. Luckily we caught a boatman about to leave so we begged him to take us with him. He agreed. He yelled, "Jump on!" Without hesitation we jumped in.

I tripped on broken wood and shattered my knee. The slave leaped out the boat grabbed me and jumped back in just as he took off. Dad was so grateful that he saved my life he grabbed the slavery belt off the slave and threw it in the water and said, "your free." Tears of joy strolled down his face. When suddenly the sails caught fire from the molten rocks flying out the volcano.

The slave climbed up and put out the fire. We landed on a small island and watched Vesuvius destroy Pompeii. After the massacre had finished we sailed back as the thoughts of all my friends and dog Spiffy. When we reached Pompeii dad put me down as I put my head in my hands and cried as I did so I felt a warm breath on my cheek it was Spiffy! Joy brought my smile back. It was a lucky escape From Vesuvius.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!