Warriors In The Light

The ominous sky stretched its withered fingers over Cruce, an archer, as he was making his way through the packed sky. His slim body swivelled through the citizens of the city as he was racing towards the barracks. Noise filled the city when the citizens were preparing for a treacherous war. Chariots carried the citizens to higher points of the swords still shone in the dim city. Warriors trampled all around the city helping the people move to safety. Logs, boulders and bricks were transported to the city to help reinforce the city walls.

Eventually, Cruce found his way to the barracks. An old, strategic tactician, named Arthur, ordered the brisk, muscular soldiers to stack up the food storeroom. Not only was he the tactician, he was also the king of the immortal city.

“You have called on my assistance, your Majesty!” Cruce informed the busy tactician.
“Great! My wonderful archer has arrived. Cruce, the warriors are not strong compared to the enemy. We are outnumbered but we have better men. Gather all the archers in the city and sort them into groups of twenty-five. Take all the weapons that are left and meet down in the main door. Do you understand me?” questioned Arthur.

“Yes, your Majesty, I’ll be on my way now.” Cruce replied and he swiftly exited the barracks. Rain sprinkled on the city as men were making space for the warriors. The soil on the ground started to become muddy and slippery as puddles started to appear. Cruce did not stop while he gathered his men and waited patiently at the main entrance to the city.

Soon, the tactician arrived and soldiers were sent to sleep in their allocated locations throughout the entire city. When all was ready, a group of soldiers were chosen to seek for enemies and help lookout. Silence filled the city except for the cracking of the flames, footsteps of the soldiers and the loud snoring coming from the warriors.

Once sunlight cracked in the dim sky, soldiers woke up and prepared for war. Archers gathered along the entire wall. Warriors armed themselves with bronze swords and waited patiently in the quiet city. Suddenly, the hooves and boots of the opposing team were heard. Cruce and his warriors rose to their arms. The side gates opened to let the first formation to produce an assault so the archers had more time to take their aim. More gates opened and formations charged at the confused opposition. Cruce’s warriors attacked furiously, hacking and stabbing with all their might. Blood squirted from the warriors’ bodies as swords and axes were damaging the opponents. War cries arose as Cruce’s team started to run out of forces. Archers desperately shot at the ogres climbing up the ladders while the warriors bravely defended the city in the name of their ancestors.

A giant pounced off the ladder and blood squirted out of Cruce’s body…

… There he lay, buried in a sandpit of the city in terrifying ruins.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!