Negaleto


Will looked at the clock he was late for work again he was definitely going to be fired. He grabbed his jacket and ran for the car. He tripped over the clay pot he had put in the middle of the pathway and grazed his elbow. Will picked himself up and walked out the gate and stepped into the car.

Liz awoke to the phone ringing she rolled over and fell out of bed. She lifted herself up, slipped on her slippers and stumbled down the hallway to the phone.
“Hello Liz speaking”
“Liz get down here now it’s an emergency” it was Liz’s boss, Ms.Garmed.
“Alright I’ll be right over” Liz hung up and stared at the baby blue wall, Liz felt like going back to sleep. She stumbled back into her room
“Nigel get off, get off you stupid dog” Nigel was a German Shepard with long light brown hair and was very cheeky, but Liz loved him. She pulled on her baggy shorts and jumper and ran to the car.

Will drove down the road with a chicken rap in one hand. He looked down at the car clock, it was 6:50am he was 50 minutes late.
“No, no no no how could this happen” Will shouted. He parked in the first park he had spotted. He turned off the car jumped out and started to run down the street and round the corner. He knew that he was going to be fired but if he got there earlier he might have a chance, so he ran anyway.


Liz had got out of bed and was in the car and was trying to find a car park. She passed her office. No park, past the huge restaurant called Negaleto, no park. “Wow I didn’t know that it was so busy at 6:50 in the morning” Liz said in amazement. About five minutes later Liz had finally found a park, and was walking down the street towards her office.
BANG!!! Liz had just collided with a tall man.
“I’m so sorry I didn’t…”
“It’s alright it was my fault I wasn’t looking” Liz believed.
The tall man got his balance and helped Liz up.
“Will Termance” the man said, the man stuck out his hand.
“Elizabeth Klass, but just call me Liz” Liz placed her hand into Wills hand.
“Um, I think I owe you a free dinner, for knocking you down” Will looked over to Negaleto.
“Should we go there?”
“No it doesn’t matter you don’t have to…”
“Really I insist” Will said with a smile.
“Alright, tonight at six” Liz said
“OK see you there” and Liz and Will walked off.

Will had been in Negaleto for nearly half an hour. He was worried that Liz wouldn’t come.
“Ouch!!” Will looked up Liz was standing there.
“Ouch!! I’m so sorry I’m late high heels are so hard to run in” both Will and Liz laughed and had a perfect night.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!