Under The Rug

One rainy, cold night there was a 60 year old man sitting in his squeaky chair listening to the drooping radio. The man got up to go to the bathroom when all of a sudden he tripped over and landed face down on the ground. He got up and found a huge lump in the ground but was too tired to think about it so he left it until the morning.
In the morning it was bigger. The only thing the man could think about was to get rid of it. He grabbed a wooden chair and hit the lump as hard as he could suddenly the chair smashed into a million pieces. The man thought that it was going to be a hard job.
The man came up with ideas but they were useless. The only good idea was to cut the carpet open. As he took the first slit he thought “My beautiful carpet!” When he got it open there was a treasure box. The old man opened the box and saw a note; he read the note which said, ‘If you leave me here I will return!’ The old man picked up the treasure box and threw it outside.
Two weeks had passed and it returned. The old man had a flash back to the note, suddenly he was scared. The old man ran outside and threw the box into the neighbour’s yard. Three years had passed and he heard a scream from his neighbour’s house!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!