Sammy Flea's Adventure

I woke up one day to find everybody rushing around like mad fleas. One glance and I knew what that meant. FLEA BATH!!! Let me properly introduce myself. I am a flea. My name is Sammy flea. I'm the best jumping flea in my family. We live on a dog called Jazz. There are over a thousand of us. Well back to the subject. Every Thursday the doggy washer comes and tries to get rid of us fleas. The human came and put Jazz on the lead. She gave the dog to the doggy washer. The same lady as usual. A tall lady with long blond hair tied up in a bun and blue eyes.”Hello” she said. I read the big letters spelt out on the side of the car. It read...Posh Pooch mobile doggy wash services.” Action stations everybody” shouted the governor general. He was the flea in charge of the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). We all clung on to the strands of dog hair as the lady started to bath the dog. I started slipping and slowly falling of the hair. “HELP!” I shouted at the top of my lungs but it was too late. I was falling helplessly into the water to be washed away with the tide and never to be seen again.
I managed to find a piece of hair stuck to the bath and it was dry. I held onto it for what seemed like ages. I was extremely exhausted from all that holding on. I was almost washed down the drain. I sprung into action and hopped onto a humans arm. We fleas are pretty good at jumping really high. So after I finally dried myself I tried to get back on the dog but almost slipped. I tried as hard as I could but it was too far away. Thoughts suddenly filled my head. Will I ever get back home again? How will I do it? What if I get lost?
I was determined to get back on Jazz. So I began my journey to get home where I would be safe and sound. To keep my strengths up I had a little human blood. It wasn't very different to dog’s blood actually. I made my way to a fingernail where I met a germ who gave me directions back to the dog. I found that I could get back onto the dog when the human patted her. It was a simple plan and it had to work.
I launched myself onto a fingernail and told one of the ear germs to tell the brain cells to pat the dog. The other germ who could fly took hold of the ear germ and went flying to the ear. The germ told the brain cells and they reached down to pat the dog. First try I made it!!! “YES!” I yelled. I was back. I told everybody about my adventure. They were amazed! Maybe I should do this more often.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!