Killer Love

“Hey sweetie~ it’s already been a year since our first day together as a couple.”

YoonA squealed in joy.

“Yeah I guess…”

DongHae mumbled.

“Why aren’t you happy? We should go out and do something special.”

She grabbed her bag and ran outside, giggling away happily.

-

The path was lit with candles and the cherry blossom petals floated down onto the ground like pink confetti.

“This is so romantic…”

YoonA whispered, leaning her head on DongHae’s shoulder.

The rustle of the leaves blew in the wind.

An arm slowly began to come through the shadows and grabbed YoonA.

She tried to let out a scream but her cries were muffled by a scarf.

“Hey! What are you doing to her?!”

DongHae shouted in fury.

The kidnapper carried YoonA to an abandoned warehouse, DongHae running behind them.

Everything ended in an abrupt stop as the kidnapper was led to a dead end.

“Let her go.”

DongHae said and slowly began to walk to YoonA.

The kidnapper put his hand in his pocket and took out a gun.

“S-s-stop. If you move one more step I’ll shoot.”

“Why are you doing this…”

YoonA whimpered.

“Because… because I love you.”

He took his hood off and revealed his face.

“LeeTeuk-”

YoonA said, her mouth frozen from shock.

“You know him?”

DongHae asked reluctantly.

“He was my… ex-boyfriend.”

“Correct. I loved her, being the best boyfriend I could… but she just seemed to rip my heart out and throw it into a fire. If I can’t have her… then no one will and that includes you.”

LeeTeuk raised his arm and aimed the gun at DongHae’s chest.

“Look at his pathetic face one more time and see him die at your feet.”

YoonA took a last glimpse of him in the corner of her eye.

“Goodbye DongHae.”

The shot was fired.

BANG.

There were several seconds of silence until YoonA realised what had just happened.

She turned her head to see DongHae lying on the ground, blood already creating a pool around him.

She broke from LeeTeuk’s grasp and ran up to him.

“DongHae…”

She whispered, tears running freely from her cheeks.

DongHae moved his arm up slowly and wiped her tears.

“YoonA my love, I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you but you’ve made my life worth every minute and I’m so grateful to have someone like you by my side. I may not be able to pick you up when you fall or kiss you goodnight but always remember that we’ll always be together in your heart and mine. I love you YoonA...”

She leaned forward and gave him one last kiss before he left the world forever.

DongHae smiled and slowly closed his eyes.

YoonA held his still-warm hand and quietly sobbed on his chest.

LeeTeuk gave out a laugh and sat in a corner.

“That was too easy. At least I’ll leave this world the way I wanted.”

He raised the gun to his head and pulled the trigger.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!