Baldey

Baldey by Kyle Mair
Chapter one
Gullible

My family is darn right poor since what happened yesterday. I’ll tell you the story. My dad’s a total baldey. He’s been trying to grow back his hair since he was 25. He’s tried all the creams, lotions and even that light thingy that you rub around your head, none of it works. Yesterday At Westfield Shopping Center in Narre Warren there was a spokesman claming his cream could cure baldness forever. This is exactly what he said, “step right up ladies and gentlemen I’m selling this wonder cure, I bet you’re asking what for. Well how many men go bald at an early age, well I’m giving you the chance to get your hair back…” that was when he got interrupted by the yelling and screaming of the shoppers around him “I’ll take two!” “I’ll take one!” Then the spokes person started to speak again “ok the price will be $100,000”. The screaming died down. Things were yelled out like “ is this like the MTV show punked or something”. But guess who was so gullible. My dad of course! After the presentation my dad went to talk to the spokesman. My dad asked “Hello so you’re product can cure baldness”. “Yes it does but the price scared most people away” replied the spokesman. “Yes it gave me a shock, but I’m willing to buy this product” said Dad. “I see, my name’s Miles by the way” replied Miles. “How do I pay for this product?” asked dad.

Chapter two
Hair raising amounts

This is probably one of the most stupid things my dad has done. $100,000 for a tube of cream! Usually he’s kind of money smart but this is the top 10 stupidest things.
This is what happened next. “You can pay with credit card or straight out cash” said Miles”. “I’ll pay by credit card do you take American Express?” asked dad. “Yes I do so that will be $100,000 but I warn you…” “Bye” interrupted dad. As soon as he got home he rubbed the cream all over his head he used the whole tube. I found the discarded tube in the rubbish bin its was empty of every little bit, even inside the cap. I read the warning on the back of the tube, Warning do not use all of tube in one go or hair will grow all over! It sounded serious but by the time I finish reading it was time to go to bed.


Chapter three
The hairy revealing

I woke up and I forgot all about yesterday, until I went to watch ABC. When the Sesame Street show came on and they showed a clip of the Cookie Monster it reminded me about yesterday and the tube of cream that cost $100,000. Dad hadn’t told mum yet because of the trouble he would get in. 5 minutes later he woke up and walked out.
And there was no hair on him! He got ripped off the worst ever!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!