Kirsten And Kayla

Kirsten & Kayla

Kirsten Unomarch was sitting at the dinner table when her mum said “Oh, Kirsten did I tell you Kayla is coming to stay the weekend?“ Kirsten looked up from her plate at once.” But i was going to play volleyball with my friends.”Kirsten wailed. “Well, Kayla’s parents had to go away on very short notice. “Her mum protested. Kirsten slammed down her knife & fork and stomped upstairs.

Meanwhile, in Kayla’s house, Kayla was sitting on her bed sulking. She hated Kirsten and now she had to share a room with her.
Kirsten was putting her things away so Kayla wouldn’t touch them. She was putting the last thing away when Kayla walked in. “hello Mrs Unomarch” Kayla said cheerfully.
“Hello dear, Kirsten is in her room.
Kayla walked into Kirsten’s room put her things down and sat down on the spare bed. “You better not touch anything of mine.” Kirsten said. “I don’t have to, I’ve got my own things.” Kayla replied.
Kayla got her bag and pulled out a book with an interesting cover called ‘My Mum’s Diary’. Kirsten looked at it and asked “could I read it after you?” but Kayla said no.
“It’s rude not to share.”Kirsten said
“If you let me read your book, I’ll let you look at my collection.”
“What kind of collection?” asked Kayla.
“My sticker collection” Kirsten replied
“All right, when I’m finished you can borrow it “Kayla said
Kirsten went and got her sticker collection. When Kayla opened it she was flabbergasted! There was every sticker you could imagine. Butterfly ones, flower ones, boy ones, girl ones, dolphin ones, Australia ones, food ones, animal ones and loads more. Kirsten had never shown anyone her stickers so this was a once in a lifetime opportunity for Kayla.
The next day they were back to normal. They were fighting over what TV show they were going to watch when Mrs. Unomarch said “C’mon girls, I need to go to the shops.” They tuned off the television and went downstairs.
At the shops the girls were told to get a trolley but Kirsten went the wrong way and now they were in the middle of a big arcade

“Where are we?”Asked Kayla.
“I don’t know.” Said Kirsten.
“But you said you knew where to go.”
“I thought I did.”
They walked around for hours until Kirsten shouted “look, our street! We’re home, quick Kayla run!”
They got to the door and jumped up and down laughing with happiness. They hugged each other with joy. Kirsten got the spare key and they both went inside. They called Mrs. Unomarch and told her they were safe.
So now every day after school Kirsten and Kayla walked back together, came over each others house, played Uno together and all the other things best friends do.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!