The 28th Annual African Hippopotamus Race.

When Edward came back from the 27th annual African hippopotamus race he had a huge trophy for coming first and Barney had a medal for coming second. The mighty Sebastian said “Dame, I didn’t come first. I wish I did”.
During the next year Edward and Barney began training for the 28th Annual African Hippopotamus race. Every time they finished, they were puffed out. One day they went to the river with Edward’s father. Edward and Barney began to swim as fast as they could. Edward was coming first and Barney was coming second when suddenly Edward’s father jumped in. When they finished Edward said “That was quick and your fast, you’re probably going to win”. Then the mighty Sebastian came along and said “Hey, you are being silly, you don’t need to train, and I can win without training”.
Barney and Edwards families were on their way to the mighty Zambee River in the yellow bus. As quick as possible they practiced then they had to get their number. Barney’s number was seven and Edwards’s number was one, Edwards Fathers number was 65 and the mighty Sebastian’s number was one hundred. There were one hundred and one hippopotamus’s in the 28th annual African hippopotamus race.
When the whistle went the mighty Sebastian was the only one in the river. Then everyone else jumped in. Edward was coming first and Barney was coming second and the mighty Sebastian was coming 99th. Barney’s dad was coming 75th and Edwards’s dad was coming 74th, just in front of Barney’s father. When they were eight kilometers away from the finish line, Edward was coming second and his dad was coming first. Barney’s dad was coming 4th and Barney was coming third. And the mighty Sebastian was coming sixth. Five minutes later there was 50 meters to go. Edward was coming 1st Barney was coming 2nd, Barney’s dad was coming third and Edwards dad was coming 4th. When the race finish the results were Barney came first, Edward came second, Barney’s dad cam e 3rd Edwards’s dad came fourth and the mighty Sebastian came second last. Barney’s grandfather came last. The president said “Look at the fastest hippopotamus in the 28th Annual African Hippopotamus race”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!